Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Common Mis-perceptions and Myths about Shaklee

So, I have been around Shaklee my whole life and there are some pretty big misconceptions out there about how the company works.

1) "You make money off of me."

Actually, the company does give me a commission... points called PV... whenever someone I introduced to Shaklee orders. Interestingly enough, the person who is signed up for Shaklee also receives these points from themselves.

I don't make any money off of someone becoming a member. My commission is for a) Introducing people to the products and b) people I introduced ordering.

I am paid directly by the company, and orders are made directly from the company. I never see (or want) money from my Shaklee Family.

2) Shaklee is a pyramid scheme.

Shaklee uses a marketing plan called Social Networking. They were the first company to use this plan and have been watched carefully. They, unlike some other companies, have never behaved unethically.

The company works just as any other company with employees. The difference is that every little 'franchise' is an individual. They don't have shops, they don't go into malls, they only market their products through word of mouth.

Pyramid schemes are when people make money off of the people 'beneath' them at the expense of that person. Usually companies that have used pyramids charge very high prices for membership, as that is what people make money off of.

I don't make money off of memberships. I get commissions for product use. The memberships at Shaklee are very reasonable and include an immediate 15% off.

3) The products are expensive.

This one is easy to address. Do you remember how, in the news recently, there has been a lot of frustration about supplement companies lying about what was in their products? They could put that they had Omega-3 in them on the label, even if it was a minuscule amount of something that might have Omega-3 in it.

When it comes to health and supplements, what are you paying for?

With Shaklee you know immediately that every product has been researched, are balanced, and complete.

For example: The wrong blend of B vitamins can actually strip you of the Bs you need. So many companies will sell one B vitamin, saying it will improve your metabolism and energy. However, they fail to mention, that you need the right array of Bs to have that effect. Then people wonder why they still feel sluggish when taking those grocery store vitamins.

Shaklee does their own research and testing. They are very strict about every single product being in harmony with nature. I remember one year where the alfalfa fields next to theirs were crop dusted. Shaklee wouldn't use their fields, in case there was any minuscule chance that their crops were contaminated.

Quality and Trust are what you pay for with Shaklee. I know, without a doubt, that every order I make is with the best quality and effective products out there. That means a lot to me.


Don't forget that every product is guaranteed every single time. If it doesn't work for you (but it will) you can send it back. Not just the first time you use it. Any time.

This is a Family company that stands by everything they've worked so hard for.


If you have any other myths/questions you want addressed, just send them to me and I'll respond ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment