Saturday, September 4, 2010

In Harmony With (My) Nature...



When I was sixteen years old, I bought my first horse. I named him Pacem (aka Dona Nobis Pacem). He was a three year old chestnut arabian colt. When I got him he was very skinny and his coat was rough. My trainer repeatedly told everyone that visited the barn that he was mine and that he had 'the worst coat in the barn.'

Once he was fed up enough to handle it, I started giving him a mixture of bran with a blend of Shaklee's soy protein powder, alfalfa, calcium, Vita-lea, and B-complex. I mixed it with water and he would go crazy over it, licking the feeder clean and nickering for it every day.

After only three weeks, my trainer started pointing out the 'best coat in the barn'.

Pacem was allergic to fly spray, so I turned to Basic-H as a solution. This made his coat even shinier, and he was never pestered with flies.

Shaklee is all about being in tune with nature and nurture. For me, all of this is what makes Shaklee the company for me. My big dream in to own a self-sustaining small farm, where we can produce our own water and energy, raise animals, make jam and cheese, and still have all of the niceties of modern life.

I would be using the Shaklee products for my farm anyway, so why not make it part of the dream? And better yet, the part that helps make the big dream come true?

3 comments: