Wednesday, September 1, 2010

'Doodad' Dreams

Doodads are objects we don't NEED and are usually insensible for purchasing as they're not essentials and don't pay us back. For example: Shoes are essential. Twelve pairs of expensive shoes are doodads. Or, for the men, that giant flat-screen TV is a doodad. (Sorry)

There are some doodads that make good goals for me, as I am very sensible financially, so it's my 'bribe' to work harder.

My doodad goals:

* A piano for my boys, so I can teach them the basics
* Gymnastic lessons for the boys
* Be able to put a down payment on a house
* A Gym membership for my husband
* Being able to buy nicer quality (organic) food to feed the family better

What are your doodad dreams?

2 comments:

  1. Doodad dream: hmmm! New floors for our apartment.

    btw, I don't consider organic food (that is, real organic food) a doodad. Just my opinion....

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! True-- but it IS more than we can afford right now, hence it's on the doodad list :)

    ReplyDelete