Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Things We Don't Talk About...

I came out of my last pregnancy addicted to soda, unable to lose any of my baby weight, and unable to go to the bathroom without caffeine (hence the soda).

I have dealt with cycles of constipation and diarrhea my whole life, mostly leaning on the constipation side of things. I have done everything I can, everything we're supposed to do, to get regulated. More fiber made me sick. Activia didn't help at all.

I wanted to get off of being dependent on soda, as I hate being dependent on anything. (Hello! My dream is a self-sufficient homestead!)

I gave up soda, and I didn't go to the bathroom.

For a week and a half.

Naturally, I felt horrible.

That was about the time that I decided I needed to get into the saddle and work from home with Shaklee. I got my Gold Ambassador kit in the mail, and I started taking Vitalizer and Vivix everyday.

And now I am, for the first time in my entire life, regular. My body is in balance and I'm not dealing with the chronic side pain and intestinal discomfort that has haunted me for as long as I remember.

So, even if it isn't exactly the proper thing, to talk about this kind of thing, it's been a huge change for me. It makes my life that little bit better, and I'm grateful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment